Volunteer Driver/Companion Qualifications
- Desire and willingness to help senior citizens of DeKalb County.
- Ability to provide safe transportation.
- Ability to provide an atmosphere of warmth and understanding.
- Ability to communicate verbally and provide companionship.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrate punctuality, dependability, kindness, and compassion.
- Willingness to contact clients by phone and map out trips when necessary.
- Respect confidentiality of clients.
- Make personal commitments of time, and honor it.
- Attend training and other events as scheduled.
We seek Volunteer Drivers of any race, religious affiliation, or income status, as long as they can meet the requirements of Volunteer Driver/Companions, are responsible, ethical, dependable, and have excellent driving records. If you are interested in volunteering, please call the I CARE, Inc. office at 404-377-2273 or download the volunteer form.